• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

s.e. suburbs area crappie fishing.

bgreen82

not asking for your hot spots(if there are any this time of year) but are there any lakes or ponds you guys in the s.e. burbs are planning to fish this weekend. i need to do some shorefishing just to get the line wet. havent done any fishing since january. any input would be great.

thanks,

brian

fished Ravine lake on the east side a few times already this year and pulled in a bunch of small crappies and sunnies. nothing to boast about. still feels good to be back out though

Brian,

No just shore fishing next to a rock stairway about 100ft north of the parking lot. Used red/silver crappie tubes.

Fished the northwest corner the other day by the stumps, but it was real windy so was pretty tough, caught one small bass and a sunny... same lures.

The water is heating up fast in there though and the weeds are growing faster. Might have to move on soon...

gaf, i see youre from woodbury. do you fish powers, tanners etc. often. what kind of success can be had from the shore there this time of year. also, i was at powers last weekend but the pier wasnt attached. when do you think thats going in.

Brian,

They are putting the pier out as I write. Should be up in a few minutes actually. Never had much luck shore fishing powers and havent ever fished tanners. The weeds get pretty bad and last year the lake stayed flooded most of the year. Usually hit up the Croix if I shore fish around the metro in the summer and fall. Elmo has a good size pier, and supposedly some big muskies and pike too. Caught a couple crappies and a brown trout on the Croix yesterday.

gaf,

where do you go to fish from shore on the croix. i went out to point douglas park on the pier but i am not sure how successful i will be there, plus it started getting really crowded when i was there.