• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Soo what are the current conditions for waubay? Do you think it will hold out until the weekend?? People still driving trucks out there?? Any info from anyone would be helpful..Thanks.

I just back from SD last night. We fished on Waubay Friday, Saturday, and Sunday morning. We drove a pickup and a car on the ice with no trouble from the Kanago access and with a little more difficulty on the Grenville side of the lake. It was drizzling on Monday night, and some of the smaller lakes were losing shore ice in a big way, but there is a lot more ice on Waubay. Worst case scenario is that you would only be able to walk onto the lake this weekend, but you might be able to get on the lake with an ATV. If I had to bet, I would say that the access points are going to be busted up after the warm weather, wind, and rain that was forecast for that part of the state. Hopefully, one of the locals can give you the latest information tomorrow. Good luck.

My brother-in-law and I fished Antelope on

Tuesday, with an ATV.We went out Wedsday morning and the ice had turned black. 50 feet out, you could kick a hole in the ice with your boot. We checked out Rush Lake, Waubay, and Bitter on the way back and decided the ice season was over. There has been a warm south wind for over 48 hours and you can see the ice and snow disappearing. The season is over. We're going out today with our open water rods to fish the moving water where the culverts connect the lakes. You couldn't pay me enough to go on the ice here anymore this year. If any of you decide to go out, can I have your truck after you drown??? tongue.gif

you stil out fishing in sd then??? How you doing from shore? The ice got that bad?? That sucks I had a weekend excursion planned....but better to fish from shore then swim with the fishies!!!!!! Any open water oppurtunities for the boat???? Let me know.