• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Parson Russell for a family dog?

Fishin Beast

I have been debating what dog to be getting once I get my own house. I am not an all breed dog lover. I am not much for big slobbery, hairy, or yippee dogs.

I have been over to other peoples houses and have had a Parson or atleast close in breed and they have been very nice dogs. Sporty, short hair, not a real dirty dog.

Anyone have any experience with them, or have any other dogs that could be looked into. I dont want to go as big as a lab, and not as small as a yippee dog.

If I dont pick a breed that fits my the gf will be picking. And I really dont want that to happen, because the dogs she likes are very ugly dogs like the Schnauzers.

This is my first post on this site.Anyhow We have a jack russel and love him.We did get him a playmate though a year after we bought him(a lab)our jack and lab are a good combo they both have alot of energy and are great family dogs.One thing though they are constantly catching rabbits and birds in the back yard,I don't know which one catches them.One thing to watch though is if the jack gets away they will get on the scent of other critters and are difficult to recapture:D You'll either be laughing or yelling at the Jacks,they are characters.