• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Zumbro Winter Carp????

Say what do you more advanced carp fisherman think about giving the open water in front of fishermans inn on the zumbro a shot for some carp? It's relatively shallow with a few deep spots surrounding it. Think that this would be a very good idea or no?

The only advice I have is to give it a try. In the summer that area contains carp. I really don't know what those lake/river carp do during the cold months. I know during the early spring, its common to find carp just below a "dam" hanging out in the current. Let me know if you want to give it a try sometime.

Hey Tyler,

I have Thursday and Friday off this week (9th and 10th) and I think I will go give it a shot. Your welcome to come join if you would like. I get out of school at 1:30 so it would be sometime after that.

Try Silver Lake for some hot winter carping action. Fish right by the warm water discharge at the park and use a ball of bread on your hook. These Carp have a taste for bread and follow the geese around because people feed bread to the geese...

Anywhere you can find warm water discharges(powerplant, sewer water, etc.) you will be able to catch winter carp. One spot on the sippi that I fished for a couple years would stack up with carp. Grab a can o corn and you had open water action all day.