• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Berkley Gulp! maggots for crappies

himjunkie13

The crappies absolutely love these things! I've tried 2 of them alone on a jig or w/ a minnow and they both get an equal amount of hits. The hits are hard too! The fish just attack these things! i'd love to hear other's success stories about these baits!

I've been trying the maggots this winter with minimal success. I have been catching gills/craps on them, but finding better success with waxies & minnows. Have you been fishing them alot, or just had a hot bite one night? You might have been on some fish that were in an aggressive feeding mode and would smack anything. Just curious if you have had consistent success with them. I can say that these maggots have out produces live bait in the open water though. I've had some amazing turn arounds once I've switched over to the gulp.

I've used them once & had good luck with them.

I was out fishing for bass at a known good-gill lake. The bass bite was slow so I took out my bobber rig (slip bobber/plain red hook)

All I had in the boat for bait was the gulp maggots & gulp redworms I bought just for moments like this.... and sure enough they bit 'em.

I liked the redworms better as I could thread them on the hook (hiding the hook) but the bite was the same with either.

Oh. Now that I look you said "crappies", I was catching gills grin.gif

Either way, the stuff works.