• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Taking a kid fishing ...

Random guy

I have a friend that would like to take his boy out fishing while the kiddo is up visiting. They don't get to spend much time together so I am going to take them out for some panfish action. I am looking for a lake in the North East Metro with good numbers of kamikaze sunnies so he will have a good story to tell his buddies about spending time with dad. I am new to the metro so I am not yet familar with panfish waters. Thanks wink.gif

Thou size is hard to come by,there is usually a good bite on the chisago chains.North & South center,Chisago & Green have been good to me and my 5yr old this year.

Alot of times,we just drift or troll for 'eyes.Then when we go over a school,I'll go back up and drop the anchor and stop just short of the school.Get the bobber rod for the boy & I'll toss plastics.

Hope you have some luck.

Jon I live in Oakdale too and if you are looking for just the little sunnies you need to hit Silver in N.St Paul right off Cenetury or Try Demontevill.. He will catch more little guys than you thought possible no real size but that is the first place i took my boy... Jane is good too but I have not had a chance to get out there at all this year.. But have gotten a few bigger one from there last year... If you hit Demontreville and olson do not park in any spot but the assigned .. They will tag and are not shy about doing it ... Let me know if you need more info ... WBL is good but takes some work ... Bald Eagle is good too but for little kids and numbers nothing beats the Silver or Demontreville ... Post if ya need directions !!!!

White Bear Lake.. any weedflat 6-10 feet. Plastics (such as 1" tubes)... you'll have fun.. not as FAST as some other lakes.. but larger sizes.. and a fair number of rock bass and crappies to boot!

Thanks guys for the info! The father son team had a awsome time. It was good to see that young man ticked off when we had to go in, he definetly wanted to live on the lake and fish for a living (don't we all). He is hooked for life now. I'm not sure how many we caught but my hands are chewed up from handling all those crazy little fish. Thanks for helping give that kiddo some good memories with his dad, I appreciate it. wink.gif