• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Game Farms North Metro

nolte

Hey guys

I live in Coon Rapids and was wondering if you guys knew of any game farms that are located on the North side of the Metro. I've got a 3.5 mo old pointing lab and want to get him on a few birds here shortly. I have seen there is one in Elk River called Pheasant Dreams but don't know of any others. I would like to use Chukars or Quail to start with. I just want to walk him around and find a few birds with no gun. Left over scratch birds would work too it they are around.

I have had a few pigeons out for him when I have been up to the cabin but not down here.

Also if anyone knew the best place to buy a few game birds for training would be great.

Thanks guys

We run a game farm and shooting preserve. We are located a couple hours north of you. For reference purposes,we are 1 hour west of Little Falls. We would have chukars that you could purchase. Remember, that you can not be in the field with your dog except at a shooting preserve or have a training permit, which is free from the dnr, until after July. If you are interested email us at: [email protected]

These are a little out the metro, but not a bad drive. There is Wings North in Hinkley and RockyBay kennel and hunt club in Rock Creek. There is also one in Ogilvie ( I believe it is Pheasants Ridge).

"hooks"

Rum River north of Zimmerman is where we have gone for years. He normally has pheasants and chukkars, not sure about quail. There is a game bird farm (not a shooting preserve on 169 north of Elk River and Zimmerman that sells birds as well, but the name escapes me right now.

I have used Gold Meadows in Cold Springs. If you tell them what you are doing, ie training new dog, they are very good of setting you up to help with your dog. They have a web site and are very willing to answer your questions about how to train your dog.