• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

I need some help on getting to the access on Cattail lake. Is the Kettle access right across the road from Fort Sisseton? I drove by there last year but wasn't sure if that was kettle or Cattail. Can anyone tell me how to get to the cattail access? How about any info on recent or past success on these bodies of water? We will be out there next week. Thanks in advance!

Man, the only access to Cattail is from the boat ramp on Kettle, across from Ft. Sisseton. You go north out of the boat ramp bay and turn due east at the open lake. A narrow strip of shallow water with dead trees seperate the two. You can see Cattail on the other side as you approach the treeline. The cattail side of the tree line is a good area to fish, especially when wind / waves are present. From that passage way you can turn left and go north about a mile, or go straight east about a mile before the lake turns south for about two miles. I think the best fishing is east a mile and the next mile south south. basically you want to fish the timber areas or wind blown shorelines. Look for the numerous areas with dead tree lines. troll the edges or flip bare jigs w/ minnow or half a crawler within the trees. have aslo had some luck on windy days with crankbaits or spinner rigs over the main basin where old cattails were on the bottom 13-15' deep but seemed to be fewer catails left last year. Some nice pike and eyes in there but generally not a high numbers lake but still one of my favorites in the area.