• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

crappies now?

Crappiechaser

Iam not a expert,but Iam sure the water temps have slipped a few degrees and with a few days in the high 60s to low 70s and the crappies will move back in.This cold weather isnt helping the morel hunting either.We just need some 70 degree weather and Iam sure the crappies will return to the same depths as a week ago.

We need to shake this spring instability and get some 70 degree days with nighttime lows in the 50's.

Things sort of flip-floppedthis year here in the SE. We have still go fairly cool water compared to places further north. Where I fish in the spring the most, the water had shed 5 degrees from Weds of last week until Thursday of last week. The weather has been much cooler so I'd expect that the fish are burrowing deep and it will take some serious warmth to lift them. As of Thursday last week the shallowest fish I had found was in 6 feet of water, but some northern lakes were seeing fish in 2.

Personally I'd like to see about three days of seventy-five degrees, clear skies, with no wind.