• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Holiday ice help!

We are going to be up in the Granby area from the 18th to the 24th, and was planning on fishing Granby quite a bit. Only one problem, no ice frown.gif. So what is one to do???? Any suggestions are welcomed here, since I really don't know that area very well. How far is wolford, Williams Fork, or even Lake John from there? Anything happening at Stagecoach? Any other bodies of water around, or should I just leave all the ice stuff at home till after X-mas? (man I really don't want to do that!)

Thanks in advance wink.gif

John

John,

It only takes about 1/2hr to get to Williams Fork From the Town of Granby. A little longer from the Lake. Just take 40 all the way to Parsall and turn left on I believe its Co. Rd 3. Wolfords about 20 minutes farther. To get to lake John from Granby take 40 to the next exit past Granby. That road,( the Highway # escapes me), takes you all the way to Walden. Its still a pretty long ride. Hope that helps. I'm hoping to hit W.F. on Sunday.

Dan

Thanks guys! After looking at a map, Williams Fork looks real close. Might have to take some time exploring that one.

Dan, let me know your plans, I may be able to swing be for a bit on Sunday. There are lakers in there , aren't there? And I've also heard some decent pike. Whichever, I've got plenty of sucker meat in the freezer.

Lucky, speaking of lakers, like 7 of the top 10 lakers in the derby came from Grand last year. There are some real hogs! Plus, last week I read an article that they stocked alot of big fish this fall in Grand too. The only problem is I haven't a clue on where to start fishing at that lake crazy.gif Could be fun though.

John

The last I heard from Granby is that they're going really well from shore, next to dike #3-the usual-16-20" lakers, plus quite a few rainbows. If you go to Grand lake, be carefull. It's so deep that sometimes it doesn't freeze out in the middle. Willow creek is sort of hour glass shaped & if you want to walk that far, where it narrows down in the middle, there is a good possibility of getting into some Kokes- not big, but in the 12-14" range. Wolford is almost always good ice fishing. It's about 6 miles north of Kremling. There is always the possibility of getting a decent fish, but most will be 10-13 "