• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

2004 Honda Rubicon

greenhorn

Questions for Honda Rubicon owners. I just purchased a 2004 Rubicon and when I have it sitting in neutal and rev the throttle, I can hear a noise that sounds like a gear driven pump. Is that normal? Is there anyone else out there who hears the same noise? Thanks

Thanks for the info....I just checked it again tonite..if you listen closely, you can hear a pump runinng in tune with the rpms...sounds like a gear driven pump that might be running on the dry side.... anyone else hear anything....sweet machine though....

I've ridden Rubicons but never paid attention closely to detect that noise. Do you have to listen closely or is it obviously noticeable? 2004 huh. Under warranty? Bring it in to the dealer and ask or listen to another one there.

Dave, you have to listen somewhat closely....I will be taking it back to the dealer...but I'm afraid I will hear the story...."they all are that way"...I am planning on listening to another one to see if I can hear anything from it.....Thanks for the input