• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Looking for spots close to Two Harbors, North Shor

Tarball

Hi Folks......I have a new tent, and a new four wheeler, and REALLY would like info on "drive to" lakes for Lake Trout.

Any tips......I am kind of an old guy, who just retired, and really can't do the BWCA stuff any more. Could folks give me some tips on lakes I can drive my four wheeler to for ice fishing? Thanks!

Welcome aboard Tarball, Re-post this on the BWCA-Duluth-range forum you will get alot of replies off of those guys. I know Gunflint Lake might be a good option for you as well as Burntside in Ely. Both will allow for motorized travel and get you on some fish. I know there are better ones just don't know them for myself.

tarball: not many lake trout lakes around two harbors that I know of, but there are two nice stream trout (splake and rainbow) lakes just outside of silver bay that have an atv trail leading to them. They might be of interest to you. Otherwise, if you have time, there are several trout lakes along and near the gunflint. Many of these are easily accesible by car. I'm not sure about atv use up there, check with the dnr. Otherwise, check out the minnesota dnr's web page and use their lake finder feature or use their list of trout lakes. So many lakes to choose from. A little searching and I'm sure you'll find ones that suit your tastes wink.gif

Welcome to retirement and welcome to FM Tarball. We have a little get together up here in January 29th on Burntside Lake. Beautiful place, awesome lake, and some NICE lakers. Feel free to join us. Keep an eye out on the BWCA forum RE: Burntside Laker Bash or on the Ice Leaders events board. Great way to get introduced to a wonderful lake and alot of great FM folks. Hope to see ya. BTW, Snowbank is the other Laker lake up here outside the BW.

Tarball,

I'm from Two Harbors originally. I grew up there, graduated in '94 and now live in Duluth. Do I know you or any of your kids possibly?? Grew up on 6th avenue. Welcome to the best fishing site in the world.