• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Ice house anchors

Lost

Question

I've seen two types of ice house anchors so far. The ones that go through the floor of the ice house and the ones that are attached by a rope that are then anchored into some slightly drilled holes behind the ice house.

Which would be better for use with my little Fish Trap Scout?

3 answers to this question

Lost, I have both a Clam 5600 and a Fishtrap Guide, The way I anchor them, is with the partial hole method. I've put eyebolts on both houses and use "quik-snaps" for attachment. In the partial hole, I use a piece of 1/4"x1" flat steel with an 5/16" eyebolt attached off center. When the wind blows, the offset eyebolt (placed on the lower end) will wedge the steel into the walls of the partial hole and you AIN'T gonna go ANYWHERE!!! I HAVE watched "permanant" houses go "Cruisin'" and sat there motionless! GREAT SHOW, LOL!!!! I made my own, they're CHEAP (<$5) and they definitly do WORK! Just cut the 1/4"x1", 1/2" longer than your auger diameter. e.g. 8.25" auger, 8.75" steel. Hey, If you wanna get fancy, SHARPEN 'em!!! The ONLY downside is, If everyone elses' house is cruisin', Who's is gonna hit yours? If you do have questions, I could TRY to get some pics posted.