• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Polaris 250 Trail Boss 2wd

bgfish00

bgfish00, I'm not sure if you already have one or not, but I think you would be alright on ice with chains on the rear tires. I have one, but have never pulled anything on the ice with it. It will pull a fish house fine on ice or a plowed road, and that's all you need.

I have a smaller otter, I think its the cabin, 2 man. I pull it all over the lake with a 250 polaris 2 wheel drive. Instead of chains, I put in 1/2" sheet metal screws, hex head, in the lugs of the tires, front & back and it handles great. It will not go through real deep snow, but it's great on hard pack, and really great on glare ice. the screws in the front really helps in turning on glare ice. Hope this helps. Mine is a '90, yes 1990 and I really take care of my stuff, but I've had zero problems and I've owned it since '94.

One word of caution using chains on your ATVs, my buddy went to pull a fishouse that had froze down while we packed up and he gave it some gas,it hooked up good. She did a wheel stand so quick, he didn't have a chance to back off the throttle. Needless to say, we were on the ice for another hour while he got the dancing crappies out of his head. Really smacked the back of his head a good one.