• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

650 prairie radiator cleaning???

OUT_FISHIN

Does anyone have any problems with the prairie 650 overheating. I notice it is very hard to clean the radiator out because of all the plastic around the tires.. It seems muddy water even clogs it.Not a very good design.

funny you should ask that- I just bought a prarie 700 last week and put it through the paces this last weekend. When I got home there wasn't one clean inch on the machine, grass, sticks, and mud hanging and sticking out from everywhere. I thought the same thing as you when I looked past the front bumper and onto the radiator. I hosed it down to get all of the mud out but there still was a bunch of grass sticks etc, stuck back there. doing a little snooping around I found that you can remove the bottom plastic guard that is right under the radiator opening, four phillips heads (two #1's and two #2's [stupid]) and she came right down. pulled all of the garbage out of in front of the radiator, replaced plastic guard, done, good as new. I don't know if it is the same for the 650, but I am assuming it is, since not all of that much got changed on that model in one year.

good luck

I haven't had my light ever come on but do notice the fan run quite often when a person has been running it. I noticed alot of junk in the front, usually I just washed it out some and it works fine.

I know that on the 650's, some people that did do alot of mudding and playing did have some troubles overheating. Some people recommended changing the anitfreeze mixture.

Mike