• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Marcum 500, anyone have any thoughts?

FISHER ED

There's nothing wrong with the OVS 500. It has a rotating feature that is above the ice on an adjustable arm. You clip the camera cable into it and you can rotate the camera from above by the push of a bottom. It also has a vairety of lighting options too. I used one for a couple seasons and it worked great.

Good Fishin,

Matt Johnson

I have an OVS 500 and I love it. The screen is great and the option of the IR or colored lights is very handy for me. The IR option works great for night walleyes and the colored lights work for crappie. I was going to get the OVS 560 this year, but I decided I wanted the IR option.

The OVS 500 just rotates, it doesn't have a feature that moves it up or down.

Dark water conditions are tough with most underwater cameras, the new OVS 560 does a good job, proabably the best I've ever seen for an underwater camera, but you are never going to get a crystal clear TV screen picture regardless of what you choose. The OVS 500 still works great at night and in certain stained water conditions though.

Good Fishin,

Matt Johnson

I just picked one up off of hsolist a week or so ago. I paid around $275 for it brand new. If you can get on under $300 I would consider it a good buy. I looked at Aqua Vu and the 500, but went with the 500 due to multi lighting options. I can't wait!

FHD

Can anyone tell me what the 400 is like I just bought one on a real good deal that I couldn't pass up on and I have never used one before and I fish for crappies a lot at night on a clear lake can I see anything