• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Zercom colorpoint flasher

tisch008

The past history on this units aren't the best. They have had problems with them. If I remeber correctly the biggest problem was that you aren't able to tune out interferrence. You would probably be better looking for a used vex or buying something new. Some guys liked them but not to many from what I have heard.

My brother in law had one when they first came out because the guy at Gander told him that it was much better than my Vexilar (more power, better sepatation, etc). Then the first time out the knob to turn it on and off broke. Then the next time the battery went dead. Then a week later when he went to use it the flasher part just spun round and round and read nothing. Later they were discontinued. When it comes to a flasher, stick with something that has been a proven performer. I have 2 Vexilars (FL-8, and FL-18) and they both work fantastic. The Marcum LX-1 and LX-3 are phenominal as well. If you are looking a flasher to get you by I would sell you one of mine if you are interested. Good luck with your decision.

Corey Bechtold

Zercom Colorpoint is actually a pretty good flasher. It compares to the FL-8 and also the LX-1, minus the interference reduction features. That is pretty much my only complaint about the unit. I've been using mine for about 4 years now and it has worked great. Then my dad bought a Vex and I started fishing with other people who had Vexilars and I started to get interference from their units. The interference is pretty much a flashing line that keeps spinning around and around and around.

When I purchased the unit, one of the main features that sold me on it was how nice it was packaged. It came in this nice case and everything was self contained. At the time, the only option you had for a Vex was the blue box and that didn't appeal to me.

My Colorpoint days are now over and I'm the proud new owner of a Marcum LX-3. Can't wait to give this thing a shot grin.gif

Corey,

thanks for the info. I'm saving up my pennies to get a flashier right now. Drop me a line at:

jtischner at earthlink dot net

I may have enough saved up to buy a flasher from you.

Thanks again!