• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Paint coming off Carrylite decoys

Anyone else have Carrylites that the paint is flaking off?

I have duck and goose(floater) decoys that the paint is coming off. Some of them are getting pretty bad. I know another guy that is having similar problems with some newer Carrylites as well.

I called Carrylite today to see what they would do. The lady asked what I had, and how many of them.

I emailed some pictures.

They are sending me new decoys! That was the quickest product resolution I have EVER seen.

I wasn't on the phone with them for much more than 5 minutes. She got to the point, took info, and got my address.

So if you have some decoy issues with Carrylites, call em up and see what they have to say. It sounds like they are pretty easy to work with, and make things right.

biglakebass- thanks for the info! We have about a zillion carrylite mallards, and although the drakes hold their paint quite well, the hens lose it on their head / beak quite easily....might give them a call about it sometime too, but i doubt that they will want to ship out too many free decoys....

are you sending the old ones back to them, or are they letting you keep 'em? either way, i'm impressed with them and their exemplary customer service...when we bought carrylite, we weren't expecting much since they were so cheap compared to the more upscale-dekes...but apparently they care about their customers, which is good to see.

S.A / wdw

How old are your decoys? I have the same thing happening to mine, mostly the hens but the drakes are loosing paint also. I just figured mine are about 3-4 years old and it was too late to get anything done about it. Its so bad that I quit using them unless I set up a larger spread, then I mix them in with my Flambeau decoys which are older and still look great. I've been wondering if anyone in the area repaints decoys?

We have about 8 dozed cary-lite mallerd decoys that are probly 25-30 years old and none of the paint has flaked off, good dekes, those are the only ones we have and we still use them every year. Maybe its only the new ones that the paint comes off.

It's the new ones.

I bought 4 dozen about 8 years ago and no paint flaking. The 2 dozen I bought this year are flaking.

Does anyone have the phone number to carrylite?

Thanks

I used to buy the old Carrylite magnum mallard 4-packs from Holiday gas station as a kid. Slowly over the years, I had a nice spread of dekes at a fairly young age. I still use the dekes, and have not had problems with the paint unless I've left them at the slough for the winter (unintentionally). I touch them up with paint every three or four years only because I enjoy it so much! These are the "Oldschool" dekes in my spread for sure!

Duck-o-holic