• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Portable Blinds

No restrictions on portable blinds so long as your not clear cutting public land for them. the state has no requirement for blaze orange on the blind, just the hunter in it has to wear it during the firearms deer seasons unless waterfowl hunting. During the firearms season I would put some blaze on the blind for safety. I have never seen deer spook from blaze orange. I wouldn't want to have deer near the blind that i didn't see or wasn't going to shoot and have someone else take a shot at it because they didn't see me.

If your hunting public land with a portable blind, I'd strongly suggest putting some blaze orange outside of the blind so you don't get accidently shot when the bullets start to fly. Some guys go blind to all else when the deer start running around and if your in a blind that's camo'd they are not gonna know you're there. Not telling you what to do but just making a suggestion. Best of Luck.

I use an Outhouse and after an incident acouple of year ago I ALWAYS put the blaze orange cap on top. I was sitting in the blind watching a couple of runs and this guys comes down following my trail and sits down on his pail. I thought he was fooling around so I stayed in the blind for a while (about 75 yds away in plain view) but when I saw he was totally unaware of me I stepped out and he almost fell off his pail. I have shot several deer out of the blind with the blaze orange cap and infact I shot my first deer with a muzzle loader this past Wed ( a 4 pointer) and the blaze orange has never seemed to make the deer aware of U. The ONLY thing I will say is you have to make sure the blaze orange is solid and not flapping in the wind.

I feel it is better to be safe.