• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

NW MN - Mahnomen waterfowl flight

How does the waterfowl traffic look up that way? I plan to hunt in the area this weekend and was wondering if anyone has been hunting or has their eyes to the sky. I've been watching the forecast and its been changing in our favor with clouds/rain and W/NW winds. I hope to get into a few ducks and geese - good luck to whoever else will be in the area. Thanks for any reports!

d. roy, I was out this am around Ag. and Thief Lake. No major migration yet. I've been told that the ducks/geese are still in the Oak Hummock (sp) area around Winnepeg. The wind has been out of the southeast lately so I don't think anything has moved in here (T.R.F. area).

Sounds like we still need the big freeze up in canada to get the lazy ones off the ground - doesn't sound like it will be this weekend. Thanks for the info and good luck if you get a chance to hunt this weekend.

It shouldn't be long now. I was 2 hours north of Warroad crossing last weekend and it was getting plenty cold at night. 22 degrees F on Monday morning when we set out the decoys. There are more ducks up there than I have ever seen before. We even saw teal and wood ducks still up there. There are a ton of Canadas that should be coming with them. A couple of good North winds and watch out.

Good Luck everyone.