• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

back from okoboji

We made it back. Had a gd. time & alot of it was in part to the great info. you fellas provided.
W. Okoboji was pretty busy even with the winds, so we fished Spirit. It is gd. that we are used to the winds & choppiness or we would have been crying.
No musky, but walleye, perch, crappie. Heard that only 1 musky was to be found by a dock on Okoboji.
Village west was very nice. We have never been in a tornado warning, so Sun. evening was quite the adventure. We heard that there was a touch down north of Spirit Lake.
Well, I would highly recommended anyone to visit your area. Kabeles is a very informative bait store. Don't miss the Berkley outlet store either.
Arnolds' Park reminded me of Paul Bunyan when I was a kid.
Smokin Jakes had great BBQ also.
Stan & Char

So, did you make it to the Board of Directors Saturday night at Arnold's Park? They were fantastic...my ears are still ringin' smile.gif

Heard several reports of some jumbo bluegills coming off the north end of west this past weekend.

NWBuck

Sorry, didn't make it to the concert. There were a couple of the musicians that sat behind us @ the BBQ place though. They talked about the rock and roll legends they knew. Very cool.
I heard the same about the blue gills.
We might go up to Leech this sun. for perch.
Tomorrow we are going to an auction of a friend where I work. Her husb. had retired a few months ago, & they were enjoying their lake home, when he suddenly died.
Take a look @ this auction bill. Sorry in a late posting, because some of you guys and gals might want to attend.
www.midwestauctions.com
It is bachmann/bachmann auctioneers. The auction is the Lewis Blanchard Estate. Char