• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Spirit vs Clear this Weekend

Fishing parnter and I are debating on whether to go to Spirit or Clear this weekend... For that matter any other lakes in the area.

Primarily fishing for walleye, crappie, and or musky.

Any help and some advice on where to go would be greatly appreciated.

Travis

Hey TM,
You might have noticed the Spirit post below so you know I'm partial to that lake. I have fished Spirit about 5 times this year starting with the opener and only managed one Sheephead. No Bullheads or Yellow bass which seem to be causing some upset fisherman going to Clear Lake. Spirit seems to win the numbers game but most of them go back. You also have East and West Okoboji available plus the smaller lakes connected to those two. The Des Moines Register HSOforum posts the IDNR fishing report in the Outdoor section of it's homepage(lefthand side)but maybe that's old news to you. Leave us a post on the outcome if you would, good luck.

Spirit is full of sublegal eyes. You've got to work hard for the keepers, but catching hasn't been much of a problem. My wife and I have also taken a couple of really nice northerns while working the walleye bite. A few smallies as well, but haven't caught any crappies yet. If you were coming during the week I'd say you could also pick up a nice panfish bite on Okoboji, but on the weekend it'd be tough to cast your line between waverunners smile.gif Good luck.

NWBuck