• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Just wonder if anyone could share some early season locations and presentaions for walleyes on Rathbun. I've only been on this lake fishing once in the last 20 years. This info is just for me, I'm not in a tourn. and specifically catch and release.

Starman, the fish are bitting very well. I was there this weekend for a tourny and did good. I was pullin cranks on the east and noth shore in about 5 feet of water. #5 shads in firetiger & clown. Alot of fish in the 14 to 15 inche range but we did get a couple 3 pounders.
Good luck and let me know how it went.

Deerslayer,
We ended up fishing on Fri. Caught some fish but only one keeper walleye. Fished the South Fork flats and did ok. Tried several other spots but they didn't produce. Didn't make it to far east and the north side was starting to get pretty rough by the time we left around 2:00. Did learn that the minnows were a waste of time unless you were fishing for panfish. A lot of water out there! Thanks for the input though.
Starman