• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Okoboji

Just checking to see if anyone has any information on the fishing at okoboji, or the Algona area river. Looking to try something this weekend. Thought the crappies may be in the canals, if not maybe try the river, or did that freeze out completely this winter.

thanks for any info
bcon

Hey bcon2, I know there were alot of walleyes being caught in humboldt before this cold front rolled in. I haven't heard of many fish in the algona area.Alot of rumors about some big fish but am not sure what to think. If you want crappies head up to the grade on spirit lake. If it warms up by the weekend thats where i am heading. Or go to the Seims ponds by whitemore, we have been getting alot of crappies out of those. Good Luck Todd.

Todd,
Talked to a guy today that has a house on the canals at the lakes. Said there have been some panfish and small bass caught in the canals, nothing yet that he knew of regarding the crappie. I think the grade sounds like a good bet, or I'll head East and check out Clear Lake.

Have also heard of a couple nice walleye that were caught around Algona, did not see any of them. They had a fund raiser for the local walleye club this past week, I'll remember next year to put a notice on here so people know when it is.

thanks
bcon