• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Upper Pine Lake

I will be in the Eldora area on the 23-24th and was wondering if there was any reason to throw in the ice tent and try fishing Upper Pine Lake.
Any advice on where to fish the lake would be appreciated too, since I have never ice fished it.
Thanks,
Icedog and Hannah

I have never ice fished it, but have fished the lake a few times from a boat. The best spot to me would be on the point which is just off of the outlet. If I am not mistaken, there are some stakebeds off this point and we have always had good luck picking up bass from there, stands to reason that there would be bluegill/crappie in this type of location as well.

good luck
bcon

OK, thanks for the info. We are going to stay the weekend in one of the cabins there and hope to do some ice fishing, cross country skiing, hiking, whatever we can...don't know if the weather will cooperate for all these things, but sure do appreciate the response.
icedog

They mainly fish upper pine across from the boat ramp by the east shore. I fished it last yr. a couple time and that area seemed to be where most people were fishing. The crappies are decent and the gills you will need to do some sorting on bought all I can tell ya haven't fished it this yr. Not coming to the IO outting a Okoboji that weekend?

Thanks for the input iowaboy. We will be there with the women so probably only able to ice fish for a couple hours before some other activity will be suggested...probably won't be keeping anything either...but it will be fun if there is still safe ice.
No, I wasn't planning on coming up to the ice fishing outing..sounds like a good idea though.
Good luck and hope you all have safe ice.
icedog