• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Spirit Lake Report

I heard from my father in law the other day that Spirit has a solid 4-5 inches on it, in some parts like Hales Slough. I am originally from NW Iowa and am looking to see if anyone has been out ice fishing yet on Spirit?? Any reports out there?

Hopefully we have a good perch fishin like last Xmas. We tore em up last year.

Also, does anyone know of any good night fishing spots for some eyes on Spirit or the Bojis'? I am always a bit tenative on the Bojis because there is sometimes bad ice in a few of the areas. I have heard Stoney Point on Spirit, any thoughts out there???

Thanks
Walleye #1

Was on Angers Bay Sat. and pretty poor fishing a couple 7 inch perch and a few small walleyes. Ice is strange we started out quite away from shore and was good 4 to 6 inches, but we went into the northeast bay and the ice was 2 to 4 inches. Becareful! I heard on the radio today a snowmobile went in on East Lake.

Any one out there?

I have been out on Spirit Lake the last two days. The fishing has been very slow. Anyone have any reports for Spirit? I have caught a few small walleyes and a couple of perch.

The water is very clear. I think this may play a factor in the slow fishing.

Just looking for some more reports if anyone is out there. Hopefully things pick up.

Walleye #1

Walleye # 1,I've been on Spirit 3X now.Have caught some perch and a few small eyes also.This year is alot slower than past years so far.I'll be up there again this Sat.Best of luck.
Ryan Hale

Ryan-
Is there a depth that you have been targeting more than others??

Also have waxies or minnows outproduced for you?

I will be up there also on Saturday. If you see a gray ford 150, with MN plates that is me. I grew up in this area for 21 years, before getting a teaching job in SE MN. Look for a two man blue pullover. Nevermind everyone will have those. Well hopefully we can meet, it is always fun meeting people off of this HSOforum.

Good Luck to you as well
Jason

If you want to drop me an email it is [email protected]