• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

I am planning on going to Okoboji and dont know anything about the lake.

For starters I have a small boat with a 10hp motor.

What areas should I fish. What should I fish for. Are there other small lakes that I might be better off trying.

Also where do I get information on the
Lake(s). I am used to going the MN DNR site to get lake data. Anything like that for IA.

I know this is pretty open ended but any information would help.

Fished last week. Big spirit is giving up some perch. I did not have much luck, but were lots of boats with varying amounts of success. Small jigs or pilkies tipped with wax worm. Look for big group of boats (was at NW corner of lake) We did catch several small walleye while we were there.

West Lake: best bet is for nice bluegill in bays along weed edges. Nice fish, we used pilkies with belgium worms and one with bare hook/worm. lots of pleasure boats so was a bit rough.
usually I would say to try the canals for some bass, but there is a lot of weeds making it difficult to move around. My boss has a cabin on West, says the walleye have been tough this year.

good luck
bcon