• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Mississippi - Pool 10

First of all Bussey lake is very shallow but a few smallies can be picked up! Try going upriver from the lock and fish the return side against the rocks. You will see them, they line the shore through an "S" curve. Just pass the rocks will be an opening that is 30 yards wide and 15 foot deep. strong current here but if you follow it through you will be in some lake areas on the Wisconsin side. Excellent bass and even catfish once in awhile, especially during spawn. As you go upstream you will see a barge loading area, across the river is ver shallow but once you get over behind the island it gets deeper and again very good bass fishing. Make sure you have a corps layout of wingdams! Very hard on the boat and outdrive as I found out two weeks ago. I am from Omaha but the Guttenberg area is where I like to fish most. I can even catch trout where the Yellow river comes in on the iowa side as a bonus.

Thanks for the info, but i did not get it until today, as i left thursday after work.

The water was dropping making for a very tough bite. The bass were leaving cuts and pulling off the wood. Slop bass were very spooky and the drop in current scattered the smallies.

------------------
Rather Be Fishing!!!
www.geocities.com/hellakill/gopherbass.htm