• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Ice is gone, fish are not!

I love not having much more than a weeks turnaround between hard and soft water. Not much worse than having to wait 3 weeks between seasons sitting in my boat in the driveway hoping for ice to thaw. With that said, I was able to get on the water in the boat for the first time this year on sunday. Headed to 12Mile with my dad in search of pre-spawn/spawn walleye! Ended up getting quite a few with the biggest being only 16". Water temps indicated they were just about to spawn and their locations said the same. They took a slow presentation, either verticle jigging or drifting under 1mph with the drift sock out. A lot of wind and the trolling motor battery needs replaced, but other than that it was a great day of catching eyes and catching sun!

goody

Well, fished BIg Creek sunday for 4hours and caught only one fish. Of course that one fish was a 7 1/2lb eye, but it was the only fish we saw. Had a few other bites but that was it.

goody

Have tried casting for walleyes on Storm Lake the last 2 evenings. I've had no luck but but have heard of others catching smaller ones but no keepers. Have seen some nice size White Bass being caught. Have heard that DNR have gill nets ready for their yearly netting. When the nets go out the walleye fishing from shore mostly over. Hopefully they hold with tradition and set nets at the first full moon after iceout which would be April 16 . That would give several more weeks of fishing.

[This message has been edited by F Irish (edited 04-03-2003).]