• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Fish reports

Does anyone have any reports for around the cedar rapids area. Heard from the local bait shop of crappies being caught at lake Mcbride. Havent fished Mcbride since the drain down, Anyone else tried?

Macbride was really hot on Sunday when hte weatehr was nice. Lots of 8-11" crappies being caught. Everyone was catching something. Went out there all dat today, moved around, nothing!! I checked with other guys the fish were tight lipped. Wouldn't hit minnow heads, waxies, nothing. I think the high pressure that came through last night really shut them down. I'm going out there again later this week,when the weather is supposed to improve.'The ice is 6-9" everywhere. Very smooth, clear ice, be careful or you'll end up on your keaster!!

Do you know of any structure maps made by the DNR? If so where can I get one? I used to open water fish Mcbride alot but its a whole new lake now, for the better I have to believe. I hear tells that the DNR has stocked a large amount of walleye fry, does anyone have any knowlege of facts.

Icedog -- Have you done any hardwater since the draw down? It sure seems as if it would be easier to find good fish if a guy had one of those maps and a gps. Sure be fun to Reexplore that lake. I know there are some very nice eyes right in our back yard! Curious to see what others think and know about Mcbride.
Arooster

Hey icedog, I beleive it is updated but not sure.It's not the best best map but it will give you a good idea. I'll send it to ya now.

I have heard that they are catching fish at macbride.I'll try to get an rcent report and let you know smile.gif

IceC

------------------
Have an Ice day :)

here are some macbride reports from the past few days....

" fished the north arm west of the ramps Saturday and Sunday.lots of 7"-8" with a few almost 9"crappies.What I notice on McBride this year is the size and abundance of bluegills.The ones I have cleaned have no black specks or white worms.With the renovation McBride is like a new lake.Were there is new riprap on the shoreline there is a road that was made to haul the rock in that's still there.The dead falls were placed on the outside edge of this road.I find the crappies on the out side edge of the road.Stay away from the crowd and go explore the lake."

"have been on McBride some this year.I have my best luck fishing 10'-20'with structure close.Fishing the edges more productive than fishing the actual structure.The deep water structure that held fish before the renovation isn't producing.The trees that use to be on the shore line are still there only out from the shore 30' or so.Explore the lake!Find your spot so that in two years when the fishing gets good you will have a couple of areas away from the crowds."

"Ice was 6-8 inches all over. Crappies,8-10" were hitting pretty good on Rat Finkees and Demon lures tipped with waxies."

IceC

------------------
Have an Ice day :)