• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Nat'l Lampoons Ice Fishing Vacation

OK...so here it is almost New Years eve and yesterday it was 53F here in CR! So, as my dear old mother used to say, "where the heck is the ice?" I got out on 5" at MacBride yesterday morn...fishing in a tank top, cut offs and sandals...(please pass the sun screen!) hehehe Fun time! Just don't chase that frisbee to far toward the middle.....
Found a lot of cooperative fish where there was SAFE ice...crappies, BGs and bass of the aquarium size! Fun to have a tight line again...just wondering where anyone else has been going in the land o' Hawkeyes????
Farm pond directions would be welcome and appreciated....hehehe
dog w/
milkboneunderware

herbacious, I think that there is still plenty 'o ice on Bussey Lake(and points north!)...if you can stand the crowds. I am sure that you have your own places "north" that will hold good size panfish...by the way, don't mind the GPS tracker I put on the roof of your truck...it don't mean nothin' hehehe

doggone

LOL
Isnt Iowa weather just peachy! Hit Clear last weekend and did well I guess....dad told me I should have saved the 2hr drive and tossed some bait in the river if I wanted to catch nice catfish. Being from Des Moines area I am dying for ice too....I guess you cant beat getting a tan while ice fishing, but this is silly to say the least. I have never really asked for an Alberta Clipper to come our way, but that may be welcome. I cant even find farm ponds with enough ice in my area....oh well, there is always January....

goody

icedog,
I'm tired of catching all these open water saugers and eyes and I can't get any reports from Mark Twain so I'm heading north for some ICE FISHING.
your friend in need of ice,
herb