• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Any Pheasant Reports???

Bad Bad Bad.Walked Sunday 3 + hours. One flush,no shots.No snow,not cold,no birds.I hunted in a long sleeve t shirt and hip boots in a swamp. I could walk on the ice in most places and not fall through.It is worse than terribly dry in western Ia.Snow would concentrate them and slow them down,but for now the dogs just don't work.They are snorting and sneezing but just don't work.

How far west are you hunting? I have been down a few times but eastern iowa and have shot our limit every time.
But if you look at the Iowa DNR map they show the bigger bird population is to the west.
Are there good signs for birds food, cover ??

The farthest west we will travel is about an hour west of highway 35, are you farther then that?

Thanks for the info

http://www.geocities.com/wish_i_was_fishing2002

I was out this weekend with the dog and found lots of birds but very flighty with the warm temp and stiff wind. Birds seem to be out in the cut corn fields and are hard to get to. We need some weather to get the hunting back on track. This is turning into another poor year on the water and in the fields for hunting conditions. Please bring some cold temps and some snow. Solid