• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Stillwater Fish-in...9-4-04

What is it? The Stillwater Fish-in!

Who’s invited? Anyone that wants to fish for carp with people who love to fish for them.

When’s the Fish-in going to be? The first weekend in September…on Saturday the forth.

Where’s it going to be? We’ll be fishing the stretch of the St. Croix just upstream from the bridge, between the bridge and the gazebo. Even if you've never been there before, it will be immediately obvious when you get there.

Directions - If coming from the Twin Cities, I'll assume you can get to 694 and Hwy. 36.
- Take 36 east as far as it goes. When it reaches the St. Croix, it will
curve around to the left and go downhill. It takes you right into
Stillwater, where it becomes Main St.
- Turn right at Myrtle St. I think that's the 3rd stop light. Go 2 blocks
and park. You're there.
- There's plenty of parking, and it's free, but it's marked 4 hr. limit.
I've never seen them enforce it, but I can't make any promises.
- If anyone's coming from somewhere else, e-mail me and I'll send
directions.

Other stuff - We'll be fishing on a concrete sidewalk so bank sticks are out. Rod pods are OK, but there's a 3 ft. high hanging chain railing, so you'll have to go over it. Or, if you're low tech, you can just lean your rods on the chain. That works great.

Two rods are allowed.

The game warden occasionally stops by to check licenses. Make sure you bring yours. (If anyone is coming from Wisconsin, you won't need a Minnesota license to fish the St. Croix.)

It's a big river, probably 1/4 mile across, but the current is pretty slow. Heavy weights aren't necessary.

Sorry I haven’t posted anything sooner. Hope to see you there.

Jim C smile.gif

Lost,

It is not a contest, just a friendly get together and it doesn’t cost anything.

I always learn a few new tricks when I meet others that like to fish for carp. Stop by who knows maybe you could learn a few things too…or, maybe you could show me a thing or to.

I’ll be there all day and when I say all-day I mean ALL DAY. Sunrise till sunset; baring any unforeseen incidents (weather etc…). I hope you stop by.

Jim C