• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

bass ponds

wren

went down wedensday night during the t-storms with fatheads and caught a small catfish. We would sit there while our bobbers had races around the pond but when we set the hook there wasnt anything there.

the next day i go back this time with crappie minnows and all we catch are these 4 inch bass.

Casted some spinners too but with no luck.

Were you guys catching the bowfins (and other rough fish) in the 3rd pond?

thanks

The second pond is better for underutilized fish. The third one is sort of a mixed bag but fewer underutilized fish. Yes this year there seems to be an abundant of yearly class largemouths. Must of been a good spawn lastyear. Those little guys were taking our minnows too. I'd switch to corn or crawlers for underutilized fish but expect a sunny to take your worms too.

Lately I've been on Minnetonka fishing for walleyes and crappies and caught some here-n-there. Too many northerns cuttin my lines. Don't want to use leaders cuz then the crappies shows less interest.