• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

FishinAddict

Hey there,

Went to Pepin on Saturday. What a gorgeous day to be on the water! Fish didn't cooperate whatsoever!!! Everyone seemed to be having a tough go at it. It was kinda frustrating. Did go down river about 8 miles (almost ran out of gas!) and found some carp....and I managed to have my bow along...shot two biggins. That's always fun. Where do people catch most of the bass and northerns around there?

Hey, glad to hear you found the carp. How big? were there still a lot of fish sitting in the willows?

I've fished mainly walleye out there, but started targeting bass more this year on Pepin... A lot of people target the MN shoreline from Lake City down for smallies and northern. Also, try the WI shoreline over by Pepin city down... If your into exploring, the backwaters down by Wabasha hold some good bass and pike. There is a ton of backwater areas though and I'm not very familiar with them. I know people fish that area for bass though and it seems as though it would be good for pike as well...

Hey thanks for the info.....i'll know for next time! I would have loved to catch some eyes out there but they just didn't want to cooperate...we went straight across from the boat dock to the WI side and trolled crankbaits...with no luck...trolled around the fishing pier...no luck. Were we in the right areas?

The biggest carp of the two I shot was about 15 pounds. Yeah they are still in there. I don't think they've spawned yet....that's just what it seemed like to me...couple more weeks of good shooting!!!