• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Just Got The Carp Fever

I was walking down a bike trail when I noticed something large tossing in a small shallow pond. I walked down to the pond and noticed it was a carp at least a twenty pounder since then I've had the fever. I have been trying to catch one but they look at my stink bait like its nothing WHAT AM I DOIN WRONG anywase i guess what im tryin to say is if some one could please give me so idea on how to catch these monsters witch bait works best is what im really looking for stink bait just not cutting it

Thanks I will try the crawlers tommarow i tried corn today i swear to god the where running into the corn it was like they didn't even see it!

The best carp bait is "Nibblets" canned corn. Try it, you can't go wrong. Don't know if its legal in this state, but when you first get to your spot throw a handful out into the area your going to fish and in ten minutes all the carp in the pond will be on the prowl right in front of you.

Use the corn on a #4 Carlisle hook, then fish the edge of the fast water. Keep your line tight, the bail closed, and your finger on the line. Set the hook immediately when you feel the bite. A carp bite will double your rod over so you will know it, but they will also let go almost immediately so you have to be fast with the hook set.

Try the dam in Clearwater (94 to 24 north), just northwest of town on Co. 75. It's a small spot with a deep cut near the south bank. If the water is up and there aren't too many kids swimming this is a great spot!

Have you guys got "BOILIES" in U.S.A yet?? If not e-mail me and i will tell you how to make them from the contents of your kitchen!!!!! You won't find one carp fisherman in Europe who dosn't use them!!! i promise you will catch carp and it keeps the "nuisance fish" away. e-mail [email protected] Good Luck guys!!!!!! THEY ARE UNDOUBTEBLEY THE BEST CARP BAIT ON THIS PLANET!!