• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Michael Bennett Trade?

"Those who bash Moss would bash someone else if he were not here" Those are your words, not mine. Obviously I do not think that having Moss on the team is good for the 'Team'. From the prior posts I am assuming that you feel I have been bashing Moss. It is my opinion that having him on the team drags the rest of the team down, for reasons that I have stated previously. Again I will not argue that he is very talented and will get his catches.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Last season I was at a local pub on a sunday up in a northern minnesota town, there were these drunken bafoons(the whole dang bar) in there bashing Dante. Not sure why, beacause he had just finished one of his stellar performances. Their reasons were, "Hes dumb" or "he fumbles to much" or "Gus is better" or
"I just dont like him". My theory was that they couldnt stand the fact that a black QB was going to be the next Joe Montana. There was even some Randy hatin' going on.
The next week we went back through the town and the bar had burned down to the ground. Every last inch of that place was gone. I Never heard what the cause of the fire was, But I suspect there was a higher, Purple Power at work that day. -True story

Its O.K. to be little criticle of the Vikes from time to time, but be carfull when, where and who you are bashin' cause you never know what could happen.

FM.com- Home of the 2004-05 World Champion MINNESOTA VIKINGS

It's like that commercial for the Twolves...lol

I also think a lot of that is racially motivated (better be careful or someone might think I am refering to him...LOL) wich is pretty darn sad.

Yep...Culpepper/Moss...the next Montana/Rice!

Well put Tom. Dead minnow how come you only answer certain posts? Why dont you answer my question of how you know moss is going to be trouble or have a bad year? and how do you know he is a bad guy inside the team? are you the towel boy or something? If you dont spend time inside the team how do you know what he's like to everyone? Or are you just another dillusionall, packer fan? C'mon man we want answers to back up your claims.

Tom and Island Dude, I think you are both right. I don't know what this deadminnow's problem is. He just has some personal problem with Moss and nothing anybody says will change the way he feels. I personally, don't think that Randy Moss brings the team down, seems to me that when he catches 3 touchdowns in one game, it tends to bring the team up rather than down. Granted, he doesn't catch 3 touchdowns every game, but that also does not bring the team down. As for his blocking, he is not paid to block, he is paid to catch footballs. Occasionally there is a time when he needs to block down field, but I personally have never seen him intentionally not block someone and let one of his team mates get creamed.
So deadminnow why don't you just keep your little personal vandetta against Moss to yourself, can't you see that all of the REAL Viking fans here are not in agreement with you? We as Viking fans stand by our players....ALL OF THEM....because we are loyal to our team. I don't know how you can call yourself a Viking fan when you bad mouth the players like you do.

SKOL VIKINGS!!!!!!!!!!

O.K minnow a little lesson. lineman block, running backs block, Q.B's recievers and kickers do not. Other than a little stand up and shove a guy once one way because they are running to his side a reciever doesnt block. and why would you ever run to Moss's side anyhow, he's without a doubt the best decoy in football. use some common sense. your 6 foot 4 , great hands, the best in the league at adjusting to the ball when its in the air, and fast as they get. BUT your skinny as a beanpole and cant block very good so I dont want you on my team. Going by your criteria the Vikes should dump moss and make Jimmy Kliensasser the #1 reciever. he never gets mouthy or yells at anyone and blocks great! Every time minnow posts he shows us he really doesnt know much about football and just enjoys stirring the pot. By the way I challenge you to name a few of the top "blocking" recievers of all time along with how many game winning blocks they had??

This post is not in defense of DeadFish or whatever that guys name is nor is it a knock on Randy Moss......but blocking downfield is a definite part of the position of WR. It is not what they are labeled for but it is a big part of what they do. Think of all of the long runs by running backs......a large percentage of them are sprung by a block from a wide receiver. The last guys left to stop the running backs are the secondary and guess who stands in their way.....Wide Receivers.

I know first hand as I played the position through college. You are taught from day 1 to block downfield whether the ball is coming to your side or not. You may not be good at it but you don't need to be, you just need to get in the way.

[This message has been edited by Beef46 (edited 07-30-2004).]

Didn't Michael Bennett when he was healthy have some sort of record for consecutive td runs over 60 yards for TDs!! -- HMMM! Must of been some pretty good blocking down field on those plays!

One more thing there is no "I" in Viking Fan either!! Its "We" only "I" critize and try to bring down the rest of the Viking Fans!!

yea beef I know. I played ball too. fullback and d-line. I know recievers are taught to block but come on no one takes them seriously wink.gif we allways got a kick out of watching you guys in hitting and blocking drills thinking you could put a hurt on someone rolleyes.gif The majority of long runs I see where the reciever made a crucial block its a broken play. But yea I agree with what you said I guess I just still have a little of that lineman mentallity grin.gif