• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Michael Bennett Trade?

Quit hatin' Randy Moss. What does the guy have to do in order to get a little respect? Just watch this message board light up when he leads the Vikings to the Super Bowl this season. Dead Minnow will be wearing a #84 jersey before it's over...that's how good Randy Moss is!

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Moss is THE best wr playing the game right now. Should he keep playing at the pace he is at right now, he will re-write the record books for many years. Moss not only does good things on the field, he does good things off of it too. I think he is a very private guy, but, he is not in a very private job. As far as if he reads FM, I hope he does, because a lot of excellent information passes through these threads.

I'm sure it is very possible that one of the Vikes running backs could be traded to the Fish. However, I do not think it will happen because either Bennet, or Smith will cost the Fish big time.

If Moss does read FM, then, GO! VIKE'S GO!
We are with you EVERY Sunday.

Dead minnow, What in the world do you care what he does off the field? He doesnt care what you do away from your job. Why complain about what someone else does in thier private life because you might watch him do his job? My boss watches me work but he better not tell me how to act when I go home for the night. Let Tice worry about the pr stuff. And Please dont give me that "role model" or in the public eye **** either. I have 3 sons that are all in different levels of football for our school. They know who Moss is but it doesnt mean hes thier role model. I have taught them that pro athletes are like every other kind of people, some are good guys, some arent. just because they can play a sport doesnt make them a great guy but they are still fun to watch. A lot of people say Jim brown is a huge A-hole would you have wanted to get rid of him too? Like Barkley said parents should be a kids role model. Now if an athlete is obviosley a great guy too then thats fine they can look up to him and try to imulate him in work ethic, desire, etc. but I hope I'm still much more of an influence on them, after all sports is a small part of thier life in the big picture and I would hope no matter what any athlete does off the field it wouldnt effect them personally. Even though my kids are big time football players you know who they use as a posotive influence...I tell them to try to be the Kevin Garnett of thier football team.

You havent been watching Randy Moss lately if you are bringing up blocking. Moss was constantly making good blocks last year springing those nice runs. You got "Merril Hodge disease" if you saying Moss is all about himself. Pick out the 4th play in the series after Moss has just run 3 flys down the field. Disect that fourth play and show Moss not going all out on a play thats too the opposite side of the field just too make controversy. Dont show any of the 111 catches or 17 TD's he had last year. You dont trade away a guy who puts up 111 catches, 1632 yards, and 17 TD's while being double and triple teamed every single play. You dont put up numbers like that if you are half-azzing it on the field while being double and triple teamed. You play the vikings on sunday you spend more time trying to figure out how too just keep Moss from beating you more than you spend trying to keep most teams from beating you.

unfortunately I have been watching the same moss. The one that puts "I" before team. I think it is a proven fact that one player does not make a team. I would rather have a player that hustles every play and not one that plays when he wants to and if he dont get the ball as much as he thinks he should he shuts down.

If Bud Grant was coach do you think Moss would be on the field? Trade Moss or give him away

[This message has been edited by deadminnowcatcher (edited 07-26-2004).]

[This message has been edited by deadminnowcatcher (edited 07-26-2004).]

I do agree with Deadminnowcatcher to a point. Yes, Moss is a whiner. But last year he did show up, I think he just needed time to mature. The way I see it just right the Moss Bandwagon until he goes nuts, then trade him for someone else.

As far as trading Bennett. I would think the Vikes would be more willing to trade Smith to the Dolphins then they would Bennett. It seems that Tice is a very big fan of Bennett.

------------------
Tight Lines,
JP Z

I think Deadminnowcatcher must be a Packer fan. Why else would he be slamming Randy Moss and wanting the Vikings to trade him to another team?
Randy Moss is one of the best to ever play the game. Like it was stated earlier in this thread, the statement he made about not giving 100% to every play was blown WAY out of purportion. Watch some of the other receivers in the league sometime, when the play is to the other side of the field, some of them barely even get off the line of scrimmage. You can't put numbers up like he does if you are not giving it all that you need to give it. Just wait deadminnow until he actually DOES give 100%....then we'll see what happens.
I do not view Randy Moss as a whiner, look at T.O......that's a whiner. When you compare the two, Randy Moss is a pretty class act. I have never seen him yelling at Scott Linnehan on the sidelines because he thought he should be getting more balls thrown his way, nor have I ever seen him pull a sharpie out of his jock strap and sign a ball in the end zone. I have however, seen him hand a ball that he just caught in the end zone to a little boy sitting on the field in a wheel chair. What he does off the field is his own business, unless it harms someone else, which he has not done. That traffic cop saw an NFL star that committed a minor traffic violation and saw nothing but dollar signs in her pocket....nuf said.
Randy Moss is a GREAT football player, and if you think about what he has done for the Vikings organization, and what he does for kids back in his home town, you have to see that he is not the person that deadminnow has portrayed him to be.
So Deadminnow, keep hoping that your team will someday have a GREAT receiver like Randy Moss, until then, watch in awe, as Randy and his TEAM MATES roll to the big game this year.
Randy will get my vote for the HOF someday. And if you do read this page Randy, you are welcome in my boat or fish house anytime, just let me know when you are coming so I can clean them up a little.

I bet DeadMinnow never runs through a yellow traffic light, opens doors with a paper towel in his hand, waits for his green light at on-ramps, etc. Live a little bit man! Randy Moss didn't try to run a cop over...If it would have been DeadMinnow or myself driving it would not have been a big deal. The cop saw it was Moss and she saw money...bottom line. I have heard that over and over again. She claimed she suffered emotional damage from the incident...PLEASE! What a joke...she just wanted in on the money. Moss paid his fine, paid the poor little traffic cop a huge sum of money...get over it. What else does the man need to do?
I can't wait til mid-season when I see the DeadMinnow at the Metrodome wearing a #84 jersey!!!

If you were a vikes fan, I wouldn't think you would be so criticle of a Vikings player. Isn't that what team loyalty is all about? Being a "team player"? There is no I in team.

SKOL VIKINGS!!!!!!!!

[This message has been edited by eyehunter (edited 07-27-2004).]

Dead minnow, Thats cool man you dont have to be a Moss fan. I'm a fan of his game and rare talent. There are former Vikes that I couldnt stand based on "on the field" actions like Dwayne Rudd-- the way he would dance around and do the slit your throat thing after a big play even though we were losing big at the time. Or like previously stated about Terrel Owens. Moss never does any of that stuffI, all he ever does is give a short flex at away games or jump in the stands at home games. I dont know exactly what kind of a person he is off the field since I dont know him personally. I dont judge people on what others say about them before I ever meet them. For all the bad thing said though I have heard he does good things for kids around here and his home town.I guess he just goes about it quietly. As far as his performance and wait untill mid season What inside info do you base your claims on? Is it the extra muscle he put on lifting all off season? Or all the study time in the film room he's been putting in? I'm very curious as to why you think he will be a bust this year? please reply so we have an accurate account for the mid season when we look this thread up.

[This message has been edited by Iron Cowboy (edited 07-27-2004).]

Moss is one of the most active vikings players in regards to working with kids in teh community. He does a coouple of charity events every year. Visits kids in the hospital and gives out tickets to disadvantaged youth.

But of course you won't hear anything about this on the FOX pregame show. Not with "I hate Moss" and "Don't do my homework" Merrill Hodge.

I don't think you'll hear I told you so. this season. Moss has not been the viking's problem. A total lack of defense has been the vikings problem.

Quit trying to make Moss your whipping boy and check out the facts.

Nuff said.

Borch

Hey Deadminnow: There is an old American Indian saying, "Before you criticize a man, you must walk a mile in his moccasons." We are not on the playing field with him, we do not practice with him, we do not know him as a person. I just wish I could be on the playing field with him, so that I could say when he is elected to the HOF, I played with him. However, I am too old, too fat, and too injured to be able to do that. So I'll have to be content with watching a truely great athlete.

Moss does not have to answer to anyone, he says all he has to say with the numbers he puts up.
By the way deadminnow, you never did answer the question about what we will be seeing Moss do or not do at mid-season. I am kind of curious as to what you meant by that statement.

Do you think when he comes to the sideline and starts yelling at pepper that it motivates the rest of the team? Those are the types of things I am talkikng about. Or not blocking or not giving 100%. I have never stated that he is not very talented or that he will not get his catches- It is the other things that I think are bad for the "Team" Now you take someone like KG. I do not see him squirting a ref with a water bottle or getting in another players face and pouting on the bench- his constant hard play motivates the other players- Now if you are just about seeing catches for moss-then he is the man-But at what price? When I see him put in a full season of 100% I believe you will see a change in some of the other players and then we may have a chance to do something as a team. Chris Carter got sick of it and left?

Its like I said earlier dead minnow you obviously havent watched a game the last 2 years! Is this really Merril Hodge with an alias?? How can you not see through that **** the media has put on TV? Its all about controversy. The media could easily make a segment showing Moss as the hardest worker in the NFL if you pick the right plays, but what fun would that be for TV? You could take any NFL reciever and make a segment making the reciever look like a lazy azz. Showing Tory Holt or Eric Moulds doesnt sound quite as flashy as banging on Moss though.

[This message has been edited by james_walleye (edited 07-28-2004).]

DeadMinnow...
All of that stuff is old news...squirting the water bottle, yelling at Culpepper...man, that's 2-3 seasons ago! Cris Carter, who's that? He has been retired for awhile now...not because of Moss, he retired because his skills were diminishing and he couldn't play to his previous level. That is some pretty weak stuff you responded with DeadMinnow, why, I mean WHY will Moss be a bust this year??? We're all waiting for your inside scoop! Which color will the #84 jersey be? Purple, white, yellow, black, throwback? You'll sure look cool wearing the jersey of the best player in the NFL!

Hodge's brain is mush from all of the concussions he got while playing...seriously. Some of the stories I have heard are actually quite sad, like spending 2 hours looking for his car in a parking lot, or the extreme headaches he gets. But enough of him, lets go back to Moss.

Matt over in the Metro forum has Moss as a client of his guide service. Read some of his posts about how Randy loves to fish and wishes he could be a bass guide. I have heard nothing but good things about him from people who know him. It's like any superstar athlete, there's always someone who wants to bring you down no matter how good of a person you are.

Yes, he's not perfect, but people, especially young people, make mistakes. I know I did grin.gif. Last year he was hurting. How many of you have had plantar fascitis? I have and it's NOT fun. Just walking feels like you have spikes driving up through your heels. Imagine trying to play pro ball with it? Unbelieveable!!

Who was one of the only Vikes to make all of the weight sessions this year and last? Who went out of their way to work with the younger players?

Moss is a leader on that team in many ways. I think he says some of that stuff because he actually cares, unlike some pro players.

Those who bash Moss would bash someone else if he was not here, it's just their nature. Find someone who is more gifted then they are and nit-pick and find ANYTHING to tear that person down. Members of the media are especially guilty of this.

A little over a month away to the start of the road to the superbowl...SKOAL VIKINGS!!