• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Tell us your best season !

sportfish

I thought I would spark a few stories ! What's your best season ?

Here's my best season I've had .

I would have to say 2008 was my best so far . I bought a new Mathews DXT , it was my first high end bow ! I shot a nice turkey with it opening day of turkey season . Then come fall I shot deer after deer ! Between MN and South Dakota I harvested 6 deer with my bow ! 5 does and a 7 pointer and no fawns ! That all happened before Oct 1 !

That was a fun year of arrows flying ! And a lot of butchering ! Good eating too . I also shot a great 8 pointer with the rifle that season too .

It wasn't just the killing that made it great it was good friends and family and new toys ! I learned a lot that year about bow hunting

This one is tough for me to pick! In 2009 I shot a great 6x5 in the last 15 minutes of light on the last day of the year I could hunt (Dec. 27th). That one was tough to beat.

I shot a nice 6x6 elk in 2007 in the first couple hours of an elk trip. Unbelievable trip and experience. I shot a decent buck that year too.

This year has been wonderful- I took a nice bull in WY and have spent some great time with my kids hunting since. I've put in a huge effort to get my son his first deer since Thanksgiving and we've made some truly great memories in the process. Two days left...

Too many to pick from to just select one...

I would have to say this year has been the best. Me and my brother finally talked our dad into bow hunting and he harvested his first archery deer. Tracking and coming up on that animal will be one that i always remember. The excitement and joy was overwhelming. On top of that i spent many hours in a tree/blind with him in Kansas hoping he would punch another tag, but all i got was to watch him wiff on one grin almost as much fun. Good thing it wasn't a giant.

On top of that i got my five year old out in the blind with me and she loved it. That was a big win for me also.

But if we are talking straight harvest, 2013 hands down: all archery - MN Turkey, yote, MN buck and KS buck (my MN buck was my PB for 11 days until KS).