• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Attaching dog house to kennel?

deerminator

I am considering doing this for my ducks that will be ready to go outside at the end of next month. I've put their shed together. Now I need an enclosure. A lot of people use a dog kennel with hardwire cloth secured around the bottom so raccoons cant reach in and a top or hardwire cloth across the top to prevent predators coming in from above. I want to attach the kennel to the shed. If you're using a box kennel, do you just cut a hole in the fencing, twist the wires taut and staple it with fence staples to the shed? Conversely, I was thinking about buying three panels to make a "U" with the shed being the fourth wall and closing any caps between the shed and panels with hardwire cloth. Thanks for any ideas.

Change of plans. I picked up top of the line, barely used, 10 foot by 10 foot wire kennel versus chain link off the c list this weekend for a couple of hundred bucks for 1/4 of what it would have cost me new at the local big box store. So I'll be putting the 4x6 duck shed in the enclosure after all.