• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Help with Boat Value

wallyeye

I went through this with a potential buyer on a vehicle we had and it became ugly. He basically made me feel like sht because the vehicle still had a lien on it. He told me he would pay for the amount still owed and then send me the rest of the asking price after he received the title. I said no, absolutely not. Then it got heated, various vulgar texts after the fact, etc. This guy knew where I lived since he came down to look at it from Apple Valley, which bothered me. He didn't trust me basically to pay off the loan and send him the title. The deal breaker was I don't bank here in town, we bank at our hometown credit union, wire transfer with our two banks is all that had to be done. I gave him my loan officers number, etc to verify everything. The guy was honestly pretty crazy. I told him up front it had a loan on it, etc. I think he was more upset that I didn't agree to his terms. I guess its all about the person that wants the vehicle, and how they handle the situation of getting the title if it still has a loan on it. I ended up trading it in and got more out of it that way which was surprising.