• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Youth Model Bow

hunter322

Both of my daughters shoot the Bear Apprentice bows, and I could not be more impressed with them. Insane amount of adjustment in both draw length and poundage, extremely accurate as well. My oldest daughter(12) has the pink camo model and has that puppy maxed out to 50# and it is smoking fast for a kids bow imo. My youngest(11) has the regular camo and has it to about 40# draw so far and she can shoot apples at twenty yards all day long.

Neither one of the girls have shot a deer with their bows yet, but the Magnus Stingers seem to shoot real well out of these bows maybe hitting an inch low of field points.

Good Luck!

The Barnett Vortex is another option for the budget minded. They're about $160 right now at the big C store and the draw weight is up to 45 pounds. I bought one for my son last year an($99 on clearance + another $75 to get everything set up to shoot -- hostage rest, etc., at the local pro shop) and several of our friends started their kids on them. What's nice is it's not such a huge investment before you know if they actually want to stick with it. And some of our friends' kids are still using them a couple of years later and getting ready to hunt with them.