• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Minnesota Dove Season

Ok. I'm so ready to hunt its almost nauseating. I was wondering if anyone knew a decent place to hunt for some doves? I would love to get my hands pm a few of those delicious delicacies when the season opens. I really would appreciate any information that could be offered. You can PM me or send it to me directly [email protected]. Thanks in advance for all of the help. You never know, we might be able to hit a watering hole and hunt those zipping treats together.

Are you in Minneapolis?

I've driven to some of the public lands down South and out West back a couple years ago but have never had any luck finding Dove there. I didn't go out at all last year.

I do love Dove hunting so it would be nice to find a spot close enough to drive out for an evening and hunt a bit. I'm in Mound now so I'd be looking out West most likely. I'll probably try some public land out that way since I don't know anybody with any good spots.

Was thinkin the same thing. I've tried a WMA about an hr W of the cities near Glencoe and some others wayyyy way out west like on the border. Only a few to show. I blame lack of scouting for that. You sort of have to be in an area that they're using or be directly in the path of good numbers from roost to food/water for consistent action. One year wife and I were hunting a WMA and though there were doves, they were not crossing over intro the WMA as they continued to fly over the adjacent private land which had a lot of bare ground and a puddle of water which they were using. We knocked on the farmer's door and he was kind enough to let us hunt the rest of the day there. We were treated to some grilled doves for dinner thanks to that farmer. I wonder if I should go back to the same guy... Lots of WMAs along HWY 55 that I would love to check out if that helps. I drive on that highway and see doves. If I could hunt anywhere of my choice in the state of MN it'd be in Brooklyn Park where 169 crosses 610. I'd make that my top late winter mallard spot too LOL!!