• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

lowrance depth finder question

sparky27

I am currently using an older model unit. It is the lowrance LCX 17M. I am looking to purchase a second one to mount at the bow of my boat. Does anyone know if this unit can be linked together with the one I already have? Can it run off the same transducer as well? I realize I will need to get another chip for the new one. The current one has Three plugs on the back, power, sonar, and network. Any help and advice would be great before I buy the second one. Thanks alot!!

I can't answer your question but I'd like to offer my personal observations. I have sonar on my console with the transducer located at the stern and a bow mount with the transducer on my electric motor. When I am using my bow mount I know I would not like to have that one reading from the stern of my boat. The information I would receive would be too late. I much rather see what's under me when I'm up front than to find out what was under me 16 feet earlier. This can be extra critical if I'm trying to navigate a weedline for example.

My expertise begins and ends with the HDS line but I can say if it has a network plug then yes it can be linked to something.

What specifically it can link to.... well we'd need to know what the 2nd unit is.

Linking transducers and sharing waypoints are two different things. In the HDS line if you simply plug two together all you will be able to share is the transducer. If you link the two together through a hub (for me that's structure scan) then you can also share waypoints.

Hope that helps.

Both units are the same. I guess my question should be , will the two units communicate with each other and share way points, and work off the same GPS puck. GPS is not built in on these units. Each unit will have its own lakemaster chip. Since it has the network plug I'm assuming they should be able to be linked together.