• RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE

You know what we all love...

When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
Andrew Erickson

cameras

for the guys that film their hunts, what are you guys using? I want to start filming my own hunts so i'm looking into buying a camera. I don't wanna break the bank but I also don't want a piece of dump

I use a Canon HFR100 on my bow and love it. It focuses great and its great in low light. Im sure their are many "family style" video cameras that would do fine........ As far as wanting what "people use to film hunts" and "not breaking the bank", I can tell you that 95% of the high quality footage that your seeing on TV and many online programs are being shot with set-ups that start in the several thousand dollar range.They have manual focus options, huge glass, elaborate microphone systems, etc. If you dont need all that then im sure you can get into a decent camera for 300-400 dollars even.

You get what you pay for in this stuff!

Most of the TV quality shows are running camera's and gear in the $25,000 range.

Myself I am using a Sony Handycam that we received as a gift @ a dozen years ago.

Still works and I have both a tree mount for stand hunting and a tri-pod for inside the blind.

For now, it works.

Panasonic HDC SD-90. High Defenition, port for external mic, great in low light, awesome zoom.

One of my first recordings. Using a camera arm. Found out it's hard to find what you want to record from the side using a camera arm. Making a universal mount for the front bar on my stands so the camera is always in front of me.

I have a Sony digital camera that works great. When you start buy a good camera arm with a good fluid head on it. Otherwise you will be fighting it like I did last year with the gorilla arm...would not buy it again!