• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Bowhunter Ed Class, March 23rd.

DonBo

Chilakoot Bowhunters will be hosting a one-day Bowhunter Ed Class, Saturday March 23rd at their Indoor/Outdoor Range near Stillwater, MN. Class will run from 8am-5pm. Registration will be limited.

Cost: $17.50, includes coffee, donuts and lunch.

Contact me if interested.

It is classroom,(equipment, ethics, hunting tactics, scents, calling, etc.) along with some outdoor activities: Blood trailing, yardage estimation, treestand safety.

There is time after class for shooting at either our indoor or outdoor range, so bring your bow.

Would I be able to get my certificate by taking just this class, or would I still need to complete the online class portion? Thanks

Nope, this is all you need. If you take the online class, you still need to take an outdoor "field day" which will be hard to find. This is one of the only one-day classes available for the certificate.

This sounds like a great class, I wish it was a little closer to me, I would forsure be taking it. Maybe next time.

We routinely have people come from Duluth and Rochester and....just to finish in one day, so they can participate in their metro hunts. Henderson isn't all that far.

Does anyone know why there are so few of these classes? I've been trying to get my certification for 3 years now to be able to hunt inside the city limits and unfortunately I have had conflicts each year with the one class they offer in my area. I was amazed that they only offer one a year. I know some will say that if it was really important to me I'd find a way to get to the class but it's frustrating that the opportunities are so limited. It seems like it's much more difficult/time consuming than it should be?

Sorry for the vent.

Thanks for the info Don, but unfortunately it's another one that I can't make.

I'll tell you why we only have one a year. We're volunteers. It takes the better part of a week to set this up and take it down. It's a lot of planning and a lot of work. There are no paid DNR employees giving these classes.

I give up one full weekend of ice fishing (or family activities, or...)to give some of you a chance to be able to hunt out of state or the metro hunts that require it. I'm sorry you can't take the time for this, but I'm not giving up another weekend to fit your schedule.

Quote:
Sorry for the vent.

DonBo,

I am signed up for the class.

Will it be all an indoor/ classroom type of deal or will there be some outdoor stuff?

Is there shootting involved?

Just wondering what to prepare for and expect.

Again, thanks for putting in your time and effort to put this on.

It is classroom,(equipment, ethics, hunting tactics, scents, calling, etc.) along with some outdoor activities: Blood trailing, yardage estimation, treestand safety.

There is time after class for shooting at either our indoor or outdoor range, so bring your bow.

It was great meeting you yesterday DonBo.

A lot of good information was put forth.

Thanks again for the time and effort you all put into hosting this class.

Heck, I even passed the test. smile

You have a great facility over there also.

I definitely plan on coming back to shoot.