• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Eskimo Wide1 vs JM Pro Thermal

DRH1175

Question

I am going to buy one of these houses this weekend. Anyone buy the Eskimo wide1. What are your thoughts? My biggest question is the seating option? Is the Clam chair more or less comfortable than the Modular chair that Eskimo uses. What are others thoughts on these 2 houses?

8 answers to this question

I moved from an older Fish Trap 1 man without a door to the new Eskimo Wide 1 and I like it so far.

Seems to be designed and built very well. Since its wider in front I can have heater/marcum and fish 2 holes while still able to walk out of the ice house.

Let me know if you have any questions about it.

I have the JM thermal and I think it's bigger set up then the wide1 and when collapsed its smaller and that's good for putting in the back of an SUV or back of a four wheeler or snowmobile. The biggest selling point for me is the nice and bright, light grey interior of the JM over the black wide1.

Quote:
Plus if you do have a problem Clams customer service is second to none

I don't know about that, I've been trying to get a replacement hoop pole for my Fish Trap Pole for a week now and haven't heard a peep in form of a reply or call to two of my emails. You know a better way to get ahold of them?