• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Empire direct vent install question?

hunterfisher

I just hooked the gas up to a new empire direct vent heater - DV-215, I can get the pilot to light but when I turn the gas valve to the on position and turn my stat up the main burner does not come on. Are there any adjustments, initial settings, etc, that you need to make to the gas valve???? someone else wired the

t-stat so maybe I should recheck those connections. I am currently at work and just started to think about this and just wondering if any of you have any thoughts? the 20lb tank is about half full, not sure if gas pressure has anything to do with it. I will be filling a 20lb tank tonight and recheck all t-stat wiring.

Thanks in Advance for any info!!

I will try that tonight, Ihave been letting the thermocpile heat up plenty, let it run for awhile before turning gas knob to on, even after turing the pilot of it glows red for a bit. I don't think it's a gas psi issue because i was able to run the pilot, 3 burners on stove and gas light with no issues. when i was trying to start the heater all I had on was the pilot and not the other stuff.

Thanks for the info.

I had the same problem. The pilot light was plugged with black soot so the flame wasn't as hot or as high as it should be so it didn't heat the thermopile enough to create the voltage to energize the gas valve. Bought a new pilot assembly and it works. You could take the glass off and take a propane torch to the thermopile and see if that works.

I did jump it last night and it fired right up. Then I disconnected the wires from the t-stat and connected them together and it did not fire. so I am thinking that the wires must have had a screw put through them or something? or am I wrong in thinking this? I was planning on just replacing the wiring from the heater to the t-stat. Or should I replace the t-stat also?

I have an epier furnace all so. I find that the pilot light has 3 flames ( on mine any way) and if all 3 are not light it will not stay on. thats the only thing I dont like a bout the furnace. One they all light a few seconds on and it is fine. Wes