• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

How long before my flasher is an IPad App?

student

I walked through the aisle at my local sporting goods conglomerate and noticed the flasher technology is getting pretty insane. Now I typically avoid this aisle cause it can get expensive if you let the idea of a new one get into your head. I have a ICE 45 and love it.

My thought is that at some point we will be able to download a program to a tablet style device and plug a stand alone transducer/camera into the base.

Am I way off base on this?

If they can "icefishingabuse" proof it and provide power, I'm guessing they could do it.....I hope it doesn't and doubt it would get to the point where that's commonplace though....

I'm just the opposite, the sooner the better. Maybe that will help keep prices reasonable. The way things are going you'll soon need a sponsor in order to afford any of the new stuff.

already available for your smartphones...geared towards open water but should work on ice. I believe it is a graph instead of a flasher.

Check out Deeper Fishfinder.

Well, available next year according to the HSOforum. My only knock would be that I wish the battery lasted longer and wonder what the sensitivity is. And is it real time or is there a delay?