• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

need a replacement canvas for my otter HELP!

jigglestick

Question

so at the end of each ice season we(my son and I) take the canvas' off of our portables and pack the canvas in black plastic garbage bags and put them away in the moose lake house until this time of the year, when we reassemble our portables. when I asked Scroungie to go retrieve the bags so we can get ready for ice fishing, he came back with only one bag. his. we have searched high and low for mine and we simply can not find it. the travel cover was in there too. all I can think of is at some point before it was brought out to the moose lake house it was mistaken for a bag of garbage and disposed of. DOH!

this house is a wilderness walleye house by otter. I am not sure what other houses will fit this set up but if anybody knows please let me know so I know what to look for. the tub measures 64"long x 32"wide

If by chance someone has one because they upgraded to thermal I would gladly pay a fair price for the old skin.

this after breaking the adjustment knob on my hunninbird on monday, I can hardly wait to see what tomorrow brings.

Thanks

8 answers to this question

call otter and price the wild T600 tent for the cabin model. they now have the thermal tops. the wilderness line of houses was the original wild series house(black & orange tent) and then they went to the T600 black camo tent with the thermal tops. A black camo T600 cabin tent should fit the walleye model wilderness house. I had a perch and a northern model wilderness house but have since sold both.

I called otter yesterday. the lady was nice but she didn't think they could sell just a shell. I will likely have to put my tub and fram up on a shelf in hopes to some day fins a canvas for it. sucks, I really liked that house. not to big, not to small.

Why do you take the canvas off? Just curious.

I would imagine its gonna be expensive any route you go.

Where are you located? Reason I ask is because maybe a custom canvas place like Canvas Craft in Rogers could do something.

to have Cancas craft make a tent for that house it would cost more than the house is worth. I had the similar otter wilderness houses and asked them what the cost would be to make a thermal tent for them. it was like $500.00 for them to do it because they would have to pattern it and then put it together and make sure it fit right. it would be cheaper in the long run to just buy a new otter T600 wild cabin house package then to have a custom tent made.

I have had Canvas Craft make a few things though and they do a terrific job. If your sled is in good shape it could work to your advantage because of the full customization you would be able to do. i.e. window locations, door size, reinforced corners, etc..

It could actually end up better than new